Centre for Maritime Technology Transfer (CMTT) was founded on 1 December 2010 as an answer to a need of making the inventions of the Maritime University of Szczecin researchers commercially successful. It is a unique institution in Poland as it concentrates entirely on the maritime sector.
Our aim is to take the most promising ideas forward through intellectual property rights (IPR) licensing, new venture creation and consultancy.
We are a team of result-oriented and dedicated professionals who:
- drive the flow of knowledge within and out of academia
- facilitate the transfer of technologies between the supply and demand sides of technology-enabled markets
- drive long-term benefits to the University and its academics
- gain funds from the EU funding instruments (so far over 25 mln EUR) for research and development, University infrastructure improvement and international cooperation
- try to be an attractive partner for industry, investors and research institutions.